Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Joy

It sure gets your attention when you hear a prayer request and a child is involved. It touches you a little bit deeper than most calls for prayer. When it's a baby, a creature who is completely innocent and helpless, I think it's universal for it to pull at your heart and stay on your mind. When Sam was born, I couldn't believe how many people told us they were praying for us, whether it was our close friends, friends we hadn't talked to in a long time, or complete strangers. We have been so grateful throughout this time for all the prayers.

I have been amazed how many people have told me that their lives have been greatly effected by Sam. Some of these individuals have specifically told me that they have been drawn closer to God. Hearing this gives me so much joy. I knew God would work good through this situation, He always does, but it never ceases to amaze me when I see it play out. Not only does this mean that Sam's life and my pain were not in vain, but we can all look forward to eternal joy in heaven if even one person turns his/her eyes to Christ.

I am in awe of what God can do and His amazing grace. When I think about my weaknesses and my sinful nature, I just think, how did I deserve to have such an incredible child? A child who couldn't even open his eyes yet, but is making a greater impact on the world than I could ever hope to. All I know is that God's grace is amazing and His love is abundant. My motivation to get to heaven is so much greater now that I know my sweet boy is waiting on me. As King David said in 2 Samuel 12:23, "But now that he is dead, why should I go on fasting? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me." How amazing is that as a parent? Ryan and I know our son will not return to us, but that we will go to him in heaven. I know we are not the only ones who are anxious to see Sam again one day, so to those of you who are anxiously awaiting meeting our Savior face to face as well as my little boy, thank you for your faith and your love for Sam.

1 comment:

Mrs. Robbins said...

Thank you for continuing to share your heart! Courtney